This post contains affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy for more information. Thanks for your support!
I can’t believe I have finally got all the pieces of the Babette blanket laid out. It’s going to be a good sized afghan. I will confess that I had to re-do several of the squares because I read the chart wrong. That’s what I get for trying to watch TV and crochet AND read a book during commercials. Sometimes multi-tasking isn’t as good as it sounds.
I’ve started stitching the pieces together. Thank goodness for the pattern chart. Makes it real easy.
I decided to use a whip stitch instead of the mattress stitch the pattern calls for. Yes, some of the stitching shows, but there’s so much color in this thing that you really don’t notice it.
Also, I have to admit that the gauge on a lot of the squares is really off. I had to re-crochet the last round of one square because it was so much bigger than the same-size square next to it. So you can imagine that I’ve had to “finesse” a lot of the edges so all the pieces fit the way they’re supposed to. I’m thinking that once I’ve got the border on and I wash it, all the squares will just of fall into place.
I just took a really good look at the photo, and I’m noticing that there’s more turquoise on the left side of the blanket than the right. Oh well, I’ve started stitching so no way am I going to redistribute the pieces. I just want to finish.
After I’ve got it all stitched up, I will crochet several rows of border. Not sure which colors to choose and how many rows I’ll make. I’ll make that decision when the time comes. (Check out the finished blanket here.)